Tune in to hear Calpont CTO, Jim Tommaney, as he joins the panel of DM Radio on Thursday, August 18. Tommaney will share his perspective on the best practices and innovative ways in which companies can implement a data warehouse. The esteemed panel will include Forrester Analyst James Kobielus along with Ash Parikh of Informatica, and Jesse Davis of Progress Software.
Report Format: MP3
Calpont exhibited with SkySQL at the Solutions LiNUX Open Source conference discussing the partnership and the scalable analytics benefits InfiniDB brings to SkySQL’s Reference Architecture.
Calpont exhibited with SkySQL at the MySQL Conference & Expo in Santa Clara, April 12 and 13, 2011. SkySQL is a Calpont partner and was a Gold Sponsor of the event. Jim Tommaney, Calpont’s CTO, participated in a panel discussion for SkySQL’s reference architecture, discussing InfiniDB's importance to SkySQL’s ecosystem.
Calpont CTO, Jim Tommaney, was a featured guest on DM Radio on Thursday, March 24, 2011. Jim discussed the future of faster databases along with Analyst Dave Menninger of Ventana Research and Dan Jewett of Tableau Software during the podcast.
Report Format: MP3
Improve Ad Targeting by Widening Your Analytics
June 21, 2011
Jim Sterne and Jim Tommaney will explore how new advances in data technology are releasing the analytics bottleneck for better targeting and reach, and present a more innovative technological approach to tackle today’s analytic requirements for online advertising.
What you will learn
On Demand Recording Coming Soon
Find out why Calpont InfiniDB was named a 2011 SIIA CODiE Finalist for Best Database Solution
In this 30 minute webinar, Jim Tommaney of Calpont provides an overview of the latest InfiniDB capabilities and some best practices in deploying this columnar engine for scalable analytics environments.
What you will learn
- Sub-Query in Action - Going Deeper into Analytics
- Compression Details - Squeeze More Value from your Data
- Web Analytics Optimization - Map-Reduction to find Unique Impressions
- User Defined Functions - Hadoop-style Extensibility with Distributed Performance
- Syntax Extensions - Views, Increment, Insert in Action
View The Webinar: InfiniDB Webinar - Diving Deeper Into the Analytics Ocean
- James Taylor, Decisioning and Analytics expert, CEO of Decision Management Solutions
- Martin Smith, CTO of TruEffect
In this webinar, James Taylor discusses the market trends impacting web analytics and their underlying data infrastructures, and provides direction for improving analytic performance as web data grows. Martin Smith discusses how TruEffect™ is lifting media performance for its customers through its next-generation media analytics, and how it has prepared to scale for the data tsunami by using the high-performance columnar database, Calpont InfiniDB, for its data warehouse.
What you will learn:
- What "micro decisioning" is and why you need to be doing it now
- How TruEffect achieves media lift as much 200% while reducing media costs by up to 40%
- Best practice considerations for next-gen analytic data warehousing and why columnar is a must
Learn how Cognitive Match solved their client challenges of achieving conversion decisions with the Calpont InfiniDB database.
- Respond to click-through and check out conversion decisions for consumer relevancy.
- Meet customer same day report requirements.
- Collect, query and analyze data and provide near real-time responses.
- Reduced report production time from hours to minutes.
- Gave customers and more Cognitive Match personnel access to data and queries.
- Supported data, customer, and user growth requirements without additional hardware investment.
- Delivered revenue and profit improvements to clients based on near real-time execution of behavior analytics data.
- View the Webinar: Leveraging Enterprise Data
Learn how to reduce project time, effort and ownership costs of your MySQL deployments. By perserving proven integration between your applications and MySQL, InfiniDB is the ideal solution for scalable analytics, business intelligence and data warehousing. John Weber, VP Product Management shows how InfiniDB massively scales MySQL data and user concurrency while delivering 10 to 100 times faster performance to meet your business demands, now and into the future.
- View the Webinar: Outgrowing MySQL? Calpont Can Help