Please contact us if you are interested in this position
C++ Software Engineer (C++/Database/Linux)
Overview: Working on the Calpont Engineering team, you will apply your software engineering skills to contribute to the successful development and support of Calpont’s market leading analytics database technologies.
Calpont’s InfiniDB Enterprise columnar database has been built to handle the demanding workloads generated in business intelligence, data warehousing, and big data analytics environments. With a linearly scalable column-oriented architecture at its core, InfiniDB is enabling organizations across a wide range of industries to leverage the best database the industry has to offer for keeping up with the pace of business.
Key Responsibilities: You will be responsible for developing advanced MPP database and analytics technologies. You will take part in all aspects of the software lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, peer review, testing, integration, configuration management, and troubleshooting. You will work as an integral member of a development team employing an agile-based methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, technical and organizational skills
- Strong general programming and problem solving skills.
- Proactive nature willing to take initiative and seek challenges in technical areas that may be completely new
- Ability to view software from an Architectural and System perspective
- Ability to trace down and troubleshoot problems within a system
- Work well both individually and as a productive member of an agile development team.
- Thorough understanding of the role and importance of documentation at each level of the development process, including requirements, design, coding and testing
- Strong proficiency in C++ and associated base frameworks (STL, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in database systems and concepts including SQL, PL/SQL, etc.
- Experience with real time and multithreaded applications
- Proficiency in a Linux Operating System such as Redhat, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.
- Strong Object-Oriented Analysis and Design skills with exposure to design tools and design patterns
- Experience in database engineering is a plus.
Education: Requires a BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or other highly related major and excellent GPA.