Calpont’s InfiniDB 1.5 Ratchets Up Scalable Performance and Delivers Cross-Platform Analytics
InfiniDB 1.5Accelerates Analytics for End Users and ISVs with Enhanced Distributed Database Operations for Linux and Windows Platformscolumn-oriented analytic databases, today announced the general availability of InfiniDB Enterprise Edition 1.5. Accessed via a MySQL interface, InfiniDB 1.5 boosts query and insert performance, adds UTF-8 support and expands SQL support, further enabling end users, ISVs, and OEMs to manage the ever-growing volume of data associated with data warehousing, business intelligence, and analytics deployments. InfiniDB Enterprise Edition 1.5 also answers the call for broader platform support with the addition of both 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Microsoft Windows.
With 14 million active installations, MySQL is the world's most popular open source database with accelerating adoption in the data warehousing market. InfiniDB 1.5 gives end users, ISVs and OEMs searching for MySQL-compatible analytical database solutions the ability to support high-performance data warehousing and business intelligence deployments on commodity hardware that’s truly scalable – and Calpont’s winning mix of its own innovative software with the trustworthiness of MySQL solidifies the company’s leadership in scalable price/performance database solutions.
“InfiniDB Enterprise Edition 1.5 is packed with new features,” says Jeff Vogel, Calpont President and CEO. “Calpont’s iterative development methodology allowed us to roll out new functionality in our Community first, responding to our customers’ needs much faster than is typical for a project of this scale.”
“InfiniDB 1.5 delivers fantastic price versus performance for our MySQL data intensive application,” adds Sam Crawford, founder of SamKnows. “With our recent FCC partnership, we are faced with a significant data collection task in analysing end user broadband experience. InfiniDB 1.5 takes away the scalability concerns we had with our previous vanilla MySQL database, whilst at the same time requiring little or no redevelopment effort.”
Calpont InfiniDB Enterprise Edition 1.5 offers the following benefits:
- Column-oriented capabilities with 10x – 100x improvement in complex query, reporting and analysis performance
- Fast parallel-stream data loading enables immediate access to new data
- Scalable performance for any analytical database size
- Scale-out and MPP-ready platform easily supports growing data volumes and user bases
- Load-and-go reduces download to production time to days, not months
- Self-tuning and -managed administration delivers instant, carefree performance
- Familiar MySQL interface preserves compatibility with leading applications
- Dramatically lower upfront costs for scalable analytics
- Significantly lower administration costs
In addition, Calpont InfiniDB Enterprise Edition 1.5 adds the following capabilities:
- Enhanced Query Support – A wide array of SQL syntax support has been added to InfiniDB’s growing library, further enabling complex analytical queries
- Enhanced Query Performance – increased user concurrency and faster join operations increases already-impressive query performance
- Enhanced International Support –worldwide users now have the ability to store, collate and sort data based on UTF-8 character sets
- Microsoft Platform Support – New compatibility with Microsoft 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms
Pricing and Availability for Calpont InfiniDB 1.5:
InfiniDB 1.5 will be available effective July 5, 2010. Pricing for InfiniDB is available at http://calpont.com/products/licensing
Calpont Corporation is a provider of scalable, high-performance analytic databases enabling ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets. Its InfiniDB Enterprise Edition is the emerging choice for demanding data warehouse, business intelligence, reporting, analytic application and data mart deployments. Known for its quick implementation time, unmatched operational simplicity and unparalleled value, InfiniDB provides rapid access to critical business data for data-intensive businesses including those in the SaaS, software, online business, telecom, and social spheres. For more information, please visit www.calpont.com, join our open source community at www.infinidb.org, or follow us at twitter.com/calpont.
All names referred to are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
EDGE Consulting for Calpont Corporation